IRIXYS is an International Research and Innovation Centre in Intelligent Digital Systems created in March 2016 by the departments of computer science of the Universität Passau (Germany), the INSA Lyon (France) and Università degli Studi di Milano (Italy) and based on a shared expertise going back to 2008. With a focus on Data Analytics, IT-Security as well as Distributed and pervasive systems, IRIXYS aims among others at stimulating disruptive technological innovation through research and education.
- 22+ RESEARCHERS
- 15+ NATIONALITIES
- 21 WORKSHOPS
- 12 COMPLETED JOINT PHDS SINCE 2009
- 6 JOINT PHDS IN PROGRESS,
- 10+ CURRENT ASSOCIATED PHD STUDENTS
- 70+ JOINT PUBLICATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS
- 10 DOUBLE MASTER STUDENTS/YEAR
- 3 GUEST PROFESSORS/YEAR
- €4 MIO. R&D FUNDS
IRIXYS integrates a joint research and innovation agenda supported by collaborative projects, a set of joint initial, continuing and research education programmes, and scientific and technological knowledge dissemination activities.
Though not exclusive, three scientific topics structure the activities of the Centre:
- Cognitive computing and prescriptive
- Big Data analytics Data traceability, trust, and privacy
- Collaborative distributed systems
Privileged application and dissemination fields of the Centre are:
- e-humanities and cultural heritage (area of excellence of Passau and Lyon)
- e-health (area of excellence of Lyon and Passau)
- digital services and multimedia (area of excellence of Milan and Passau)
IRIXYS could not exist without students and young scientists. Therefore, IRIXYS strives to strengthen early-stage research through a French-German academic programme called PhD-Track. This programme started in 2013 includes a double master degree and ideally prepares students for a joint PhD within the international doctoral college MDPS (Multimedia Distributed Pervasive Secure Systems).
The PhD-Track as well as event for young researchers are supported by the French-German University.